Posts Tagged service provider
Presort Services: Changing the Way You Mail
Engaging with a Presort Service provider allows companies to take advantage of postal discounts. Discounts are achieved when many pieces are sorted to the same 5-digt ZIP Code. By commingling your outgoing mail with mail from other companies, Presort Service providers are able to maximize postage discounts and pass that savings along to you.
The number of organizations choosing to partner with Presort Service providers has grown over the past several years. The driving factors include security, control and economics.
Presort Services have made large investments in new technology – both equipment and software. Providers have been working closely with the USPS and mailers to improve workflows and standards. While this has forced many smaller shops to close their doors, larger more robust service providers have been thriving.
Here are a few questions you may want to ask a potential service provider:
- How many pieces of mail do they process daily/weekly/monthly? Is this primarily local or national mail? (This information may help determine your postage rate.)
- Do they process First Class, Standard and Non-Profit Mail?
- Do they process letters and flats?
- How secure is their facility, including the dock area?
- Do they provide pick up service? Is there a fee for this service?
- Will they also meter mail for you? Will they agree to serve as a backup should your own meters be out of operation?
- Are they up-to-date with Intelligent Mail barcode? This will be mandatory beginning January 2013.
- Are employees background checked?
- Is there an on-site USPS postal verifier?
- Does USPS pick up from their dock? Or do they deliver to the nearest postal sorting facility?
Take a few minutes and think of the ways a Presort Service provider could benefit your organization. Cost savings, improved workflows, and security of your mail are just a few of the advantages these vendors bring to your company.