If your printed piece is going out in the mail…
How Important Is It To Choose A Printer With In-House Mail Capabilities?
Ask for credentials.
- Are they a USPS sanctioned mail co-mingler?
- Do they provide NCOA, LACSlink or Fast Forward services?
- Do they provide CASS certification?
- Do they have an onsite USPS verifier?
- Do they have an onsite MERLIN?
- Does the USPS pick up from their dock, or do they deliver to BMEU?
- Do key employees hold any industry certifications? How often are they updated?
What services do they provide within their own production facility?
- Color, highlight color, and black and white printing?
- MICR capable?
- Inkjet addressing for postcards or envelopes?
- Intelligent mail inserters?
- Match mailings?
- HIPAA compliant?
How secure is their facility?
- What is their business continuity plan?
- What is their disaster recovery plan?
- Secure building access?
- 24/7 video monitoring of facility and production floor?
- If mail is delivered to them, is it left unattended on the dock?
- Are employees background checked?