The USPS 2012 Holiday Shopping Promotion offers 2% discount. Below are the details you need to get started!
- Promotion runs November 7th through November 21st 2012.
- Registration is required. Registration is open from September 15th through November 21st.
- You can receive a 2% upfront postage discount on First-Class Mail® presort & automation letters, cards & flats & Standard Mail® with a two-dimensional (2-D) barcode, such as a QR code, that can be read or scanned by a mobile device.
- There must be text near the 2D barcode guiding the customer to scan the barcode and/or information about the landing page.
- The barcode must lead the recipient to a mobile-optimized shopping website that enables the purchase of a product.
- The website must allow the recipient to purchase a product through their mobile device. The sale of services will not qualify. The sale must result in an item being shipped via USPS or other carrier.
- Mailers may also qualify for an additional 1percent rebate on the postage of their qualifying mailings if 0.5% of their orders are fulfilled via Priority Mail® with Delivery Confirmation between November 9, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- All mailings must be submitted electronically.
- Mailings of automation letters or flats must have IMb.
- Discount is only available at the time of mailing; there is no process to receive a rebate or credit after mail has been accepted by USPS.
More detailed information, including an FAQ can be found here https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=mobilebarcode