USPS Update: Repeat QR Code Promotion!!

USPS to Repeat QR Code Promotion

On February 8, 2012 the USPS will be submitting to the Board of Governors a request to repeat last summer’s QR Barcode promotion.

We expect this year’s promotion to be slightly different.  The changes are based on best practices gleaned from the promotion launched in the summer of 2010.

Last year, mailers received a 3% postage discount on First Class and Standard cards, letters and flats by including a 2 dimensional Quick Response (QR) barcode.  The Postal Service’s goal was to engage more customers with their mail by tying interactive marketing with a customer’s mailpiece.  Ultimately, mailers would see a higher return on investment.

QR Barcodes allow a marketer to link the physical mailpiece to smart phone technology.  The marketer creates a QR code, which when scanned by a person’s smart phone, drives the consumer to online content, special offers or promotions.

There are several free QR code generators available on the internet.  One we particularly like is http://qrcode.kaywa.com.

A consumer needs to have a QR Barcode reader on their smart phone in order to scan the code.  These, too, are available on the internet for free.  With the ever growing popularity of QR Barcodes, more and more people are downloading these free readers to access online content.

Mailers will display the QR Barcode either on the outside or within all mailpieces in a mailing.  Again this year, we expect that the barcode must be used to “market, promote or educate” recipients.

As details are released, we will continue to update our blog community.

Once again, this is showing the Postal Service’s commitment to direct mail working in tangent with digital marketing.  The online world will continue to grow.  Mail can and should be a part of a marketer’s communication tool kit.

Advertisements

1. #1 by http://trivipedia.co.uk/index.php?title=User_talk:Olas1154 on February 6, 2012 - 1:47 am

I should admit that this really is one fantastic insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and really take part in creating something unique and tailored to their needs.

• #2 by strahmautomation on February 6, 2012 - 8:23 am

Thank you! We like to keep our customers and readers well informed.

Kimberly

2. #3 by injury claims compensation on February 6, 2012 - 8:26 pm

Whats up! I simply wish to give a huge thumbs up for the good information you’ve gotten here on this post. I shall be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.

• #4 by strahmautomation on February 7, 2012 - 8:47 am

Thanks! I’m glad you found the information useful. I hope you will keep checking back with us.

Kimberly

3. #5 by Mickie Shammaa on February 8, 2012 - 11:40 am

Woh I like your posts , saved to fav! .

• #6 by strahmautomation on February 8, 2012 - 12:55 pm

Thanks, Mickie! I hope you will keep checking back with us.

Kimberly

4. #7 by Raleigh Ryther on February 15, 2012 - 4:35 pm

I can make sure to add your new website to mine list so everyone will still discover you. Good Luck!

5. #9 by Mandy Eytcheson on February 18, 2012 - 11:44 am

I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

• #10 by strahmautomation on February 21, 2012 - 8:38 am

Mandy;

After all that browsing, I’m glad you found us and enjoyed the article!

Kimberly

6. #11 by Alphonse Rehfield on February 28, 2012 - 4:54 pm

I wanted to thank you a lot a lot more for this remarkable web-site you’ve designed here. It truly is full of helpful tips for people who are genuinely interested in this subject, specifically this really post. Your all actually sweet plus thoughtful of other people as well as reading your web site posts is actually a fantastic delight in my experience. And what a generous reward! Mary and I will undoubtedly have enjoyable producing use of your guidelines in what we need to do in some weeks. Our checklist can be a mile long which means that your tips might be put to excellent use.

• #12 by strahmautomation on February 29, 2012 - 10:26 am

Hi Alphonse;

I’m glad you found our posts to be helpful. I hope you and your wife are able to use some of our tips for your future mailings!

Kimberly